Junior Player Information
We welcome all new members to Newport Ladies Lacrosse Club. Please feel free to print the Junior Player Information document which will provide you with information about playing lacrosse. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact our Junior Co-Ordinator via email@example.com
- Playing top will be provided by the club
- Black sports skirt is required by each player
- Goggles (new players may loan from Club)
- Sticks (new players may loan from Club)
- Football boots (highly recommended)
- Team App is ESSENTIAL (available to download on Apple or Android devices)
- 2017 Lacrosse Victoria Women’s Season commence on Sunday 23th April
- 2017 Lacrosse Victoria Women’s Grand Final Day is Sunday 10th September
- Lacrosse Victoria
fixtures, results, individual statistics, policies, forms & current information about lacrosse
Monday – Team Training
- Juniors (U13-U17) from 5.30-6.30pm
- Seniors (B Grade, A Grade, State League) 6.30-7.30pm
Wednesday – Club Training (Skills & Fitness)
- Entire Club from 6.00 – 7.00pm
- If your child plays both Junior & Senior games, it is required that they train with both teams.
- Arrive at least 45 minutes prior to scheduled game time.
- Please give your Coach/Team Manager as much notice as possible if your child will be unavailable.
- Carpool with other families when we have to travel to other grounds.
- Sometimes the weather can be cold and wet so provide adequate warm clothing for players. It is also good to have a weatherproof bag to keep jumpers and belongings dry. Lacrosse is a winter sport and we play in almost all conditions.
- Players must bring their own water bottles to matches.
- At times girls are asked to play in an older age group. This is a great opportunity to broaden their lacrosse skills. They will only be asked to do so if coaches think they are ready and you are happy for them to do so.
- Selected teams are notified by coaches each week via Team App after Wednesday training.
- We would like as many parents/grandparents/siblings as possible to come and support our girls at games. Please be mindful that it is junior sport and appropriate behaviour is expected. We are role models for our children and positive encouragement is welcome at all times.
If you have any reason for lodging any complaints throughout the season, there are avenues for this – please contact Nicole Walker (firstname.lastname@example.org) Official complaints must be in writing.
2017 REPRESENTATIVE TEAMS
Under 18 National Championships
Hosted by Altona Lacrosse Club from 14th-17th April
Three ‘Porters selected – Taylah Comeadow, Molly Dunham, Jane White
U15 National Tournament
Hosted by Lacrosse WA from 1st–7th October (during school holidays)
U13 & U15 girls may apply
More information later in the season…
Parents & Volunteering
Under our new guidelines, families are expected to nominate for a volunteer role within the Club.
Our club is run entirely by volunteers and many hands make lighter work.
We are very social and find that volunteering is positive for our children but is also a positive experience for parents. Your help and skills are valuable.
Looking to buy some NLLC merchandise for your daughter or yourself?
We have different items available such as hats, t-shirts, hoodies, vests etc.
Contact our Apparel Coordinator – Kerryn Quarrier email@example.com
Kerryn will be available at training most Mondays.
We need your help to spread the word about our great game, lacrosse!
We would like to grow our club and recruit more players at all age levels.
If you know someone in your family, at school, or in your social circles who might be interested in joining our club, please pass their details onto us or give them our contact details. Thank you!
We love to run clinics in schools! If your school is interested in having experienced players and coaches come and visit to teach the students lacrosse, please let us know or pass our details on to the relevant teacher.
Lacrosse Victoria run several school’s competitions in October/November that your daughter may be involved in. Our club is able to help out with coaching and umpiring.
Please let us know if your school needs any assistance with this.
We are a family friendly club and welcome all family members to join us at our social functions. These are some of the fun events we would love you to be involved in:
A casual and fun gathering for families at the clubrooms after each senior home game. The bar is open and dinner is available. We celebrate achievements and milestones.
Notifications will be sent via Newsletter & TeamApp,
From time to time we offer ‘after training dinner’ for a small fee. This encourages team bonding and friendships. Families are welcome.
Trivia Night, Movie Nights, Relay for Life, Presentation Night etc.
Join in and get to know other people in the Club.
Need help with anything at all?
Please give email firstname.lastname@example.org